In AzNA Today on Monday, March 2, we updated everyone that the CNA bill, HB 2196, has reached the floor of the Arizona House of Representatives. It now moves through stakeholder meetings in order to perfect the language and should then move on to a vote.
Read the legislative fact sheet HERE . See the AzNA Talking Points for a further discussion of this proposed revision to the Nurse Practice Act.
...Robin Schaeffer, Executive Director-
- Flew to Nevada to meet with stakeholders in the Western Multi-State Division (Idaho, Colorado, and Utah's Nurses Associations, along with AzNA). Topics of discussion ranged from membership recruitment and sustainability to continuing education practices.
- Met with WEX (Western Executive Directors group for ANA) to talk about issues related to nursing in the country and specifically how states can deal with them. She also discussed issues related to the House of Delegates and Membership Assembly.
- Flies back to Arizona over the weekend just in time to attend APRN Lobby Day at the Arizona State Capitol.
...Debby Wood, Program Coordinator
- Killed two bees that were stuck in Debbie Blanchard's window. She just reached over the *smack! smack!*.....dead. We thought she just handled the roaches, but it turns out bugs of all types had better watch out.
- Did a lot of accounting. A lot. Seriously. A lot.
- Finalized contracts for AzNA's Biennial Convention - We have a new date, September 23-25, 2015 at the San Marcos Resort in downtown Chandler, Arizona.
- Collected speaker information for the 27th Annual Southwestern Regional Nurse Practitioner Clinical Symposium. Alan Agins, PhD, will keynote.
...Wendy Schulz, Communications Manager
- Created promotional material for the 27th Annual Southwestern Regional Nurse Practitioner Clinical Symposium. Wendy is very proud of herself that she can now say the title of that event directly from memory without having to reference any paperwork. Registration for the event will open in May.
- Designed handouts and packets for APRN Lobby day next Wednesday, March 4th.
- Attempted to keep up to date on the AzNA Facebook and Twitter pages. If you aren't already following AzNA on Twitter, Do it now!
- Enjoyed a respite from design and communications work by following the Llama Drama as it unfolded on Thursday. Wendy also thinks The Dress looks gold and white.
...Debbie Blanchard, Administrative Assistant
- Called Legislator offices once again to schedule appointments for Wednesday's APRN Lobby Day at the Arizona Capitol.
- Met with Amy Charette, CE Coordinator for the Western MSD to discuss workflow of Continuing Education Credit Applications.
- Processed 40+ Arizona Nurses Foundation Scholarship Applications which were due in the office by March 1. The next scholarship cycle is due on October 1.
- Realized every lunch she's had this week contained pasta. Has vowed to eat salad over the weekend.
We love to hear from you! Make sure to log in to leave a comment or send an email to email@example.com