UPDATE FROM LAST WEEK:
Debbie Blanchard ate salads every day this week-
Robin Schaeffer, Executive Director
- Met early in the week with both the individuals involved in implementation of the RWJF Workforce Grant as well as AzNA Member Pat VanMaanen who is a member of the ANA-PAC to follow up on her experience.
- Met with AzNA President, Carol Stevens, on Tuesday to discuss the agenda for March's Board of Directors Meeting, Friday, March 13.
- Led the charge at APRN Lobby Day on Wednesday. Fifty-Three Attendees descended on the Arizona Capitol to educate members of the legislature on what an APRN is and does - this will prepare the legislators for the changes being submitted with the APRN Consensus Model.
- Spoke with KTAR about the RWJF Workforce Grant
- Attended the Phoenix Area Flip The Clinic Lab and brainstormed with other Arizona Area Healthcare Providers on innovative changes that could be made to non-hospital healthcare to improve care and the patient experience. The Flip the Clinic lab was held at the Phoenix Art Museum which also gave Robin a chance to tour the Andy Warhol Exhibit, which she highly recommends to all.
- Drove down to Tucson to speak at the AzNA Chapter 2: Tucson Annual Convention "The Future of Nursing". Robin spoke about the Power of Our Profession: The Influential Voice of Nursing in Arizona.
Debby Wood, Office Manager
- Destroyed no bugs in the office.
- Spent the early part of the week deep in preparation for APRN Lobby Day on Wednesday
- Was involved in securing a speaker for AzNA's Biennial Convention in September, is working with sponsors for the AzNF Promise of Nursing Luncheon in May, and secured another workshop for the Nurse Practitioner Symposium in July.
- Worked with our CE Coordinator now Nurse Peer Review Leader for the Multi-State Division, Amy Charette, RN, to advance the transition of Continuing Education Applications from paper format to electronic format.
Wendy Schulz, Communications Manager
- attempted to keep Twitter and Facebook up to date
- Created and printed APRN Lobby Day programs and handout packets as well as preparatory and follow-up emails to attendees.
- spent too much time writing HTML to modify the home page of the AzNA webpage to make it cleaner and easier to navigate
- Updated website banners and marketing materials for upcoming events
- Did not attend Justin Bieber's 21st Birthday Party. Thank Goodness.
Debbie Blanchard, Administrative Assistant
- ate a salad every day this week. Did you know March is National Nutrition Month? Now is a great time to clean out your fridge!
- Assisted in APRN Lobby Day preparations including follow-up calls to legislator offices to set appointments to speak with senators and representatives as well as name badge preparation, handout and program assembly, and snack bag packing.
- Finished up processing 70+ AzNF Scholarship Applications for the March 1 due date and sent them over to the AzNF Scholarship Chair, Sharon Rayman, for final review of qualifications prior to the applications being sent to reviewers. AzNF awards $25,000 in Nursing Scholarships every spring and fall.
- worked on changes to the Continuing Education Application process to help in the transition to the Multi-State Division's CE App process.
Next week promises to be a week of "catch up" in the office - all AzNA staff are looking forward to tying up loose ends and getting a start on upcoming events and activities.