APRN Practice: Securing Access to Quality Care
Date: Saturday, Oct. 25
Time: 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Location: Scottsdale Healthcare Shea Conference Center, 9003 E. Shea Blvd, Scottsdale, AZ 85260
- Register for the workshop here!
- Register online by Thursday, Oct. 23 for $15.
- Walk-in registration on Saturday, Oct. 25 will be available beginning at 8 a.m. as space permits. Walk-in registration is $20.
- Registration is payable by credit card only. Checks or cash are not accepted.
The purpose of this workshop is to describe the purpose and effects of the APRN Consensus Model and Compact legislation. Participants will discuss the implications of these policy changes on APRN practice and access to health care in Arizona.
Two policy changes are proposed for 2015/16 that will impact the practice of APRNs in Arizona with the potential to positively affect access to quality health care by Arizona citizens. APRNs will benefit from gaining knowledge about these two pieces of legislation and begin discussion about the methods and process that will be used to secure adoption.
- Maureen Cahill, MSN, APN-CNS, National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
- Joey Ridenour, MN, RN, FAAN, Executive Director, Arizona Board of Nursing
- Randy Quinn, RN, MSN, CRNA
- Rory Hays, JD, Lobbyist, AzNA
2.3 contact hours provided by the University of Arizona College of Nursing
UA Continuing Nursing Education is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Arizona Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
• Co-provided by Arizona APRN Coalition, Scottsdale Healthcare and AzNA
• Sponsored by NCSBN
Registration opens on Aug. 1 at cne.nursing.arizona.edu.