The Southwest Regional NP Conference is an educational meeting and exposition for nurse practitioners across the continuum of health care. The conference will be held in Scottsdale in 2016 to allow for more attendees, exhibitors and breakout sessions!
DR. CINDY COOKE, PRESIDENT,
American Association of Nurse Practitioners
Nurse Practitioners Honoring Our Past and Energizing Our Future
This presentation will provide the audience with the importance of understanding where we have been as a profession and
how important our role as leaders will be in leading the country in creating an efficient healthcare system for the future.
Friday Dinner Sponsored by Boehringer Ingelheim (Begins at 6:30 pm)
- An Effective Treatment Option in COPD Care: Improving Lung Function with Maintenance Therapy for COPD (No CE)
Saturday Breakout Sessions
- Thyroid Disorders - Today's Evidence for Treatment
- Update on Pediatric Dermatologic Conditions Presenting to Primary Care Providers
- Aromatherapy Introduction to Clinical Use
- Practical Guide to Screening, Brief Intervention & Management of Anxiety & Depression in Adolescents & Adults in Primary Care
- 2016 Diabetes Treatment Update
- Genetics in Primary Care: What does this mean for my practice?
- Interstitial Cystitis/Painful Bladder Syndrome Information for Primary Care Providers
- Case Studies in the Medical Management of Obesity
- Headache Pearls in Primary Care in Adults
- Hepatitis C: You Say You Want a Revolution?
- Abnormal Genital Tract Bleeding in Women
- Hormone Replacement in Perimenopause and Menopause
- Pediatric Disaster Preparedness
- Pearls for Wound Care in Family Practice
- Liability & Disciplinary Issues Affecting Nurse Practitioners or "Staying Out of Trouble"
- *Update on Regulatory and Clinical Responses to Prescription Drug Abuse and Overdose Risk
- Paragard IUD Insertion Training (No CE, training certificate provided)
- Evaluation and Management Coding for Primary Care
- A Lost Art of History and Physical Examinations for High Value Care
- Self-care to Enhance Health Care: Yoga & Mindfulness Practices
- *Balancing Access to Care and Risk Mitigation When Prescribing Opioids or Other Controlled Medications
- Nexplanon Clinical Training Program (No CE, training certificate provided)
*These presentations are sponsored by SAMHSA's Center for Substance Abuse Treatment
Early Bird Fees Until July 15, add $50 for registration after July 15
Full 2 day Conference Registration Fee
- AzNA Members $225
- Non-Members $325
- Students $175
Saturday Only Conference Registration Fee
- AzNA Members $175
- Non-Members $275
- Students $150
Sunday Only Conference Registration Fee
- AzNA Members $150
- Non-Members $250
- Students $100
Chaparral Suites is an all suite hotel. Complimentary full American breakfast and an evening reception are included. There are no resort, porterage or housekeeping fees. Suite rates are $109 per night for single and double occupancy. Call 1-800-528-1456 and refer to Arizona Nurses Association to secure this special group rate. The cut-off date is July 8, 2016.
Exhibit and Sponsor Opportunities
This conference is a southwest regional symposium and we are anticipating between 175 - 200 prescribing providers. Your participation provides direct interaction with the participants during breaks and meals.
Click here for Exhibitor/Sponsor Prospectus.
Click here for Exhibitor/Sponsor Registration Form.
- The SW Regional Nurse Practitioner Symposium provides up to 9.25 nursing continuing education contact hours. Pharmacy contact hours are also available and have been calculated, see sessions for the number available.
- The Western Multi-State Division is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)Commission on Accreditation.
- Conference Goal: To review and update current concepts in clinical and practice management for advanced practice nurses
- Target audience: Advanced practice nurses and advanced practice nursing students
- Participants must attend the entire event to receive contact hours. A CE certificate will be electronically generated after an online conference evaluation is completed