Arizona Nurses Association Nurse Educator Special Interest Group
Arizona League for Nursing Present -
Call to Action: Bridging the Education-Practice Gap Through Policy and Leadership
Health Policy & Leadership Event
November 18th, 7:30am-1:00pm with AzLN Education Practice Council 1pm-3pm
Mark your calendars now for the fall educational offering of the Nursing Education Collaborative. This event serves as a call to action for nurse leaders and educators to bridge the education practice gap through policy and leadership.
Download Brochure Here
Robin Schaeffer - AzNA Executive Director
Dr. Heather Ross - Clinical Assistant Professor, ASU School for the Future of Innovation in Society & College of Nursing and Health Innovation
Dr. Heather Carter - State Representative, Chair, House Health Committee; Assistant Dean of Health and Education Policy in CONHI
We will hear from health policy experts to:
- Identify two reasons why nurses need to advocate for their profession.
- Discuss the role of nursing faculty in mentoring colleagues and students on public policy.
- Identify one action step to get involved in the 2017 APRN Full Practice Authority initiative.Describe strategies for effective written communication with legislators.
- Discuss strategies for effective face-to-face meetings with legislators.
- Analyze the difference between professional advocacy activities and professional lobbying activities.
Join your Arizona nursing colleagues to explore this timely topic, and become the change agent we need to help guide the nursing voice of the future.
AzNA and AzLN Members $50
Breakfast and Lunch Provided!
*Registration fees reflect $10 Early Bird Registration, available until October 31. Registrations received after October 31, will not be eligible for Early Bird Pricing.
Online Registration closes 9pm Tuesday, November 15. On-site registration will be available and accepts payment in cash, check or credit card.
3.5 CNE Hours will be provided
This activity has been submitted to the Western Multi-State Division for approval to award nursing contact hours. The Western Mulit-State Division is accredited as an approver of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Cancellations Policy: Registrations cancelled on or before October 31, 2016 will be refunded registration fees, minus $15 processing fee. No refunds will be issued for cancellations received after October 31, 2016.